Unfortunate man bitten on penis by venomous spider
What this port-a-john lacked in toilet paper, it made up for in venomous spiders.
A 21-year-old Australian man was hospitalized Wednesday after a redback spider attacked his penis while he was using a portable toilet.
While paramedics were called to the scene, the man somehow managed to transport himself to the hospital despite the poisonous bite.
He has now been released, and is reportedly in stable condition. Now, we can only hope he has plenty of ice packs and is receiving comforting “sorry about your penis” cards from loved ones.
Redback spider bites are highly venomous and can cause severe pain, nausea, excessive sweating and even convulsions. However, bites are rarely deadly — an anti-venom was developed in the early 1950s.
Only the female redback spider is poisonous, which is pretty poetic in this case.