FBI Confirms North Korea responsible for Sony Hacking
(Reuters) – The U.S. government on Friday blamed North Korea for a devastating cyberattack against Sony Pictures, calling it an unacceptable act of intimidation and vowing to impose “costs and consequences” on those responsible.
It was the first time the United States has directly accused another country of a cyberattack of this nature on American soil.
The “destructive nature” of the attack, which led the big Hollywood studio to pull a movie depicting North Korea’s leader amid threats, coupled with “its coercive nature,” set it apart from previous cyber intrusions, the FBI said.
“As a result of our investigation, and in close collaboration with other U.S. government departments and agencies, the FBI now has enough information to conclude that the North Korean government is responsible for these actions,” the FBI said in a statement.
“North Korea’s actions were intended to inflict significant harm on a U.S. business and suppress the right of American citizens toexpress themselves,” it said. “Such acts of intimidation fall outside the bounds of acceptable state behavior.”
The FBI said technical analysis of malware used in the Sony attack found links to malware that “North Korean actors” had developed and found a “significant overlap” with “other malicious cyber activity” previously linked to Pyongyang.
Posted on December 19, 2014, in Uncategorized and tagged FBI, Foreign Fucktards, Fuck North Korea, Governmenet, Hacker, Interview, Movie, North Korea, North Korea Responsible For Sony Hacking, Sony, US. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.