Monthly Archives: December 2014
In the midst of another sorrow-drowning night in the Motor City, someone at the Detroit Free Press plastered the wrong Harbaugh brother on the front page of the paper’s morning edition.
Sometimes it’s just one of those days.
No matter what you do or however much positive mental attitude you project into the world, a bad day is inevitably going to find its way to you eventually.
However, on the Internet, a bad day for one unlucky person can be turned into entertainment for countless others. But before you feel bad, remember that it’s okay to laugh. We promise they’ll never find out.
According to docs filed in Monterey County Superior Court, the marriage of Clint and Dina ended Monday. The couple struck a property settlement and custody agreement, but details are thin.
As TMZ previously reported, Clint attempted to block Dina from getting spousal support … claiming money to which she was entitled was covered by their prenup. It’s unclear if the terms of the prenup were honored in the settlement, but typically there’s give and take in these divorce agreements.
Dina requested primary physical custody of their daughter, but she’s 18 now so the issue is moot.
The couple separated in June 2012 and Dina filed for divorce last December.
Many Sony Pictures employees probably wished their old emails would just disappear after a cyberattack exposed tens of thousands of messages.
Smartphone app developer Confide is using the hack to pitch big companies — in Hollywood and beyond — on technology designed to let people communicate without a trace.
The company’s year-old app, also called Confide, sends encrypted messages that automatically self-destruct like Snapchat images. Now the company is launching a new version for corporations and telling Hollywood it can keep their secrets from prying eyes.
Confide said it will take out an advertisement in Tuesday’s Los Angeles Times to offer Confide for Business, as the corporate version is called, for free in perpetuity to Sony and other movie studios, television networks and music labels. The ad also addresses celebrities whose personal photos from their Apple iCloud accounts were posted on the Internet a few months ago.
The ad’s timing is auspicious, coming after weeks of embarrassing revelations from Sony Pictures stemming from the attack, first publicized in late November, that revealed thousands of private emails and documents copied from Sony’s computer systems. Publicity around the cyber theft has underscored the vulnerability of email and created an opportunity for firms to pitch alternatives to traditional corporate communications.
(Reuters) – The U.S. government on Friday blamed North Korea for a devastating cyberattack against Sony Pictures, calling it an unacceptable act of intimidation and vowing to impose “costs and consequences” on those responsible.
It was the first time the United States has directly accused another country of a cyberattack of this nature on American soil.
The “destructive nature” of the attack, which led the big Hollywood studio to pull a movie depicting North Korea’s leader amid threats, coupled with “its coercive nature,” set it apart from previous cyber intrusions, the FBI said.
“As a result of our investigation, and in close collaboration with other U.S. government departments and agencies, the FBI now has enough information to conclude that the North Korean government is responsible for these actions,” the FBI said in a statement.
“North Korea’s actions were intended to inflict significant harm on a U.S. business and suppress the right of American citizens toexpress themselves,” it said. “Such acts of intimidation fall outside the bounds of acceptable state behavior.”
The FBI said technical analysis of malware used in the Sony attack found links to malware that “North Korean actors” had developed and found a “significant overlap” with “other malicious cyber activity” previously linked to Pyongyang.