Take a cursory look through Justin Casquejo’s Twitter page, and you’ll quickly see the 16-year-old New Jersey native is a lust-for-life adrenaline junkie. Many of his entries trumpet his desire to seize the day and live for excitement.
But Casquejo upped the ante considerably over the weekend when he reportedly sneaked out of his house in Weehawken and made it past several layers of security to the spire of One World Trade Center in New York City, the New York Post reported.
It went like this:
- After Casquejo got into Manhattan, he crawled through a hole in a Ground Zero fence at about 4 a.m. Sunday;
- He allegedly entered the tower by climbing scaffolding, according to WPIX-TV;
- He moseyed up to the 88th floor (courtesy of a union elevator operator who was apparently unconcerned with Casquejo’s lack of proper identification);
- He climbed the stairs to the 104th floor — where a guard was sound asleep;
- Then he headed to the roof where he frolicked for about two hours around the antenna, taking photographs.
Casquejo finally drew the attention of a construction worker as he made his way back down and was caught by security.
Daredevil Teen Makes It Past Sleeping Security Guard, Frolics at Top of World Trade Center for Hours | Video | TheBlaze.com.